This page documents Reading Therapies Group (RTG) Policy on how we manage the personal data that we gather in order to administer RTG and to communicate with individuals who are interested in our activities.
A database containing details of individuals who receive emails from us. It contains the following items: Forename, Surname, email address and whether the individual has been a member in the past 5 years.
Member Application Form
The paper application form that individuals complete to become a member of RTG. The details that are entered on this form are Forename, Surname, Address, Email Address, Phone Number and Therapeutic Modality (optional).
Chair of Reading Therapies Group. The contact details of the Chair are published on the RTG website.
The person(s) who use the Emailing List to send out emails and manage the data in the Emailing List. The contact details of Controller are published on the RTG website.
The organisation(s) who process the data in the Emailing List.
RTG Non Member Attendance Record
The form which non members complete when attending one of RTG’s events.
A list of members who attended an RTG event.
- RTG collects and holds the following information provided by its members at application point namely Name, Address, Email Address, Phone Number, Therapeutic Modality (optional)
- We enable individuals to subscribe to our Emailing List by four methods:
- Completing a Membership Application Form;
- Providing their details on a RTG Non Member Attendance Record;
- Attending one of our events and supplying their personal details;
- By direct request to the Chair or Controller to be added to the Emailing List. RTG may make further enquiries to confirm any such request is from the individual.
- On all emails RTG will include a link to enable subscribers to unsubscribe from the Emailing List. Individuals can make a direct request to the Chair or Controller to be removed from the Emailing List. RTG may make further enquiries to confirm any such request is from the individual.
- Individuals can amend their personal details either via a link on all emails or by making a request to the Chair or Controller. RTG may make further enquiries to confirm any such request is from the individual.
- We will not share the Emailing List or Membership Application Forms, Attendance Records or RTG Non Member Attendance Records with any individual or organisation.
- We have a legitimate interest in keeping and processing the Emailing List to send regular emails to individuals on the Emailing List for the purposes of informing them about events and administration of RTG. We will at the discretion of the Chair include information about other therapeutic events in the area.
- We use Mailchimp as the Processor of our data to send emails to individuals.
- RTG may process data in the Emailing List and Attendance Records to analyse the effectiveness of its own organisation.
- RTG will ascertain, via email, with individuals who are not members or have not been members, every 5 years if they wish to remain on the Emailing List. This process will take place in first quarter of a calendar year.
- RTG will destroy the Membership Application Forms, Attendace Records and RTG Non Member Attendance Records after 3 years. This process will take place annually in the first quarter of the calendar year.
- Individuals have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.